Once students arrive in Europe, they spend the first part of the semester in Oxford, England, living in-residence at Mansfield College.
A Typical Day in Oxford
- 8:00 AM – Wake up! It’s time for breakfast at the Mansfield College Café.
- 9:30 AM – Head to your first of two daily (MTThF) classes
- 1:00 PM – Walk over to the Covered Market for a sandwich from Oxford Sandwich Company or a treat from Ben’s Cookies or Moo Moo Milkshakes
- 2:00 PM – Spend your afternoon exploring Oxford–shop the Gloucester Green open-air market, take a jog through Port Meadow or University Parks, visit Oxford’s other colleges, study at Queen’s Lane Coffee House, or go punting on the river
- 5:30 PM – Dinner in the Mansfield College’s historic dining hall
- 6:30 PM – Head over to the pitch for an evening soccer practice, or take a simple stroll through Christ Church Meadow and the Cherwell River
- 8:00 PM – Take some time to do homework or study and prepare to do it all over again tomorrow
- 10:00 PM – You’re finally ready for some rest—unless you’ve got enough energy to head to trivia night with your friends!
During the second half of the semester, students journey by bus to multiple European cities. Students take two courses during this portion of the program, and they attend lectures and visit numerous sites that enhance and contribute to their courses. Travel portion destinations are chosen based on their relevance to the ID 2242 and MUSI 3621 syllabi.